Does Egg Donation Affect Fertility?
What is the most important and priceless thing you have ever donated to a fellow human being? If you have donated any other thing except human blood and reproduction cells, then you have not done your best. When it comes to donating eggs, you should remember that you are helping to facilitate the arrival of a fellow human being into this world.
Moreover, you are helping someone to enjoy the highest form of delegated honor on earth, which is parenthood.
But how does egg donation affect fertility of the donor, if it can actually affect it? Answering this question is critical since many donors are worried about their ability to conceive in the future. Some of them are worried that they would need to undergo the same process of asking for egg donations when they need to become mothers. If you are one of them, then you need to read this post to the end and find answers.
Research Shows Different Evidence
But does egg donation affect fertility? According to research that was done about this matter, different studies produced the following results:
- The egg donation process can interfere with the immune system leading to the production of antibodies that hinder egg production in ovaries.
- A greater level of these antibodies are present in infertile women.
- The increase of the abovementioned antibodies doesn’t impact the production of eggs.
- Egg donors don’t reduce their conception prospects.
- Out of the 60 egg donors, 54 of them later conceived within their first 12 months of attempting while three of the remaining four conceived within one and a half years on their first attempt. All of them conceived without needing any medical help.
You Have More than Enough Eggs
Besides research, nature shows that each woman has about 300,000 eggs. In her entire lifetime, she would ovulate about 400 times, meaning that she will have thousands of spare eggs even after her donation.
Facts to Consider
But does egg donation cause infertility? According to the research, it doesn’t. The following facts prove that donating eggs doesn’t affect your fertility:
- Fertility stems from many complex causes that are not related to egg donation. This means that when a donor fails to conceive, it is not because she donated eggs.
- We don’t have any studies that link egg donation to infertility.
With these facts at your fingertips, we hope we have answered the question, “Does egg donation cause infertility?” effectively.
egg donor egg donation
- Surrogate motherhood - how not to be deceived
- How to find the best prices for surrogate motherhood
- Does Egg Donation Affect Fertility?
- Disadvantages of Egg Donation - Only Truth about the Procedure
- What are the Rights of Surrogate a Mother?
- Unique Cases of Giving Birth to Children
- Egg Donation Costs
- 'Egg donation' in Feskov Human Reproduction Group
- Egg donation near me
- Donor egg + IVF: cost, guarantees, pitfalls
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates
egg donor egg donation egg donor cost fertility infertility IVF Norway Scotland surrogacy history of surrogacy agency UK surrogacy agency clinic Finland donor of oocytes surrogate mother surrogate child VIP surrogacy PGD child's gender gender selection Donor Eggs Ukraine law France conference event Paris israel Europe Czech Republic Spain surrogate services London Canada USA surrogacy price cost of surrogate surrogacy step by step Russia news Australia private surrogacy surrogacy cost african egg donor Berlin Kinderwunsch Tage surrogacy service surrogate motherhood social freezing COVID Belgium Netherlands Portugal Austria Greece Biotex Biotexcom fake surrogacy surrogacy scam Italy ICSI Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection In-Vitro Fertilization Insemination artificial fertilization Artificial Insemination reproductive doctor ICI Insemination HIV AID Ukrainian donors healthy child children health single man healthy baby infertility diagnosis Georgia celebrity twins childbirth contraception Ireland Israel mitochondrial transfer Germany Representative Brussels Surrogacy programs for single single woman sperm donation embryo adoption surrogate meeting reproductive services freezing of oocytes IUI insurance birth certificate Fertility Show PCOS lupus embryo transfer cystic fibrosis PICSI IMSI war cryobank frozen embryos